call us on: 44 (0)131 529 3183
- Category: main
- Published on Wednesday, 11 May 2011 08:42
- Written by Super User
'I now take a competely open innovation approach to all aspects of our business. It creates trust, community and acts as a prolonged marketing technique'. Felix Gilfedder, co-founder of Popcorn Horror.
'Conversations first, then relationships, then transactions'. Roland Harwood. 100% Open
Open innovation is based on a simple principle. This is that by accessing a broader range of ideas and views than those which exist or are generated within a single organisation you will dramatically increase the possibility of developing innovative new products and finding effective solutions to challenges of all types.
This principle is applied through a broad range of activities and potential business models. These models offer varying levels of information sharing, interdependance and openness and This means that each business can select the models which are best suited to the way they like to work, their size and the sector in which they operate.
Donal O'Connell from Chawton Innovation Services gave this presentation on his personal take on Open Innovation at 'Open Innovation, The Challenges & Solutions' in London 29 November 2011.
Here are some links to videos about Open Innovation produced by other organisations and individuals.
- Roland Harwood: From Open Innovation to Open Business. 2013
- Henry Chesbrough, Wim Vanhaverbeke: Open Innovation & Public Policy in Europe. 2012
- Stefan Lindegaard: Open Innovation: insights into the buzz. 2012
- Henry Chesbrough on Open Innovation. Innovation Convention 2011, Brussels
- Co-creation and Open Innovation in New Product Development: HYVE Innovation. 2011
- Henry Chesbrough Rethinks the Concept of Open Innovation: University of California, Berkekely, Haas School of Business. 2011
- Stefan Lindegaard: Open Innovation Succes Factors: 2010
.Click here for a useful set of links to open innovation services and examples.