call us on: 44 (0)131 529 3183
- Category: partners
- Published on Friday, 10 June 2011 09:03
- Written by Super User
The aim of the research at the Chair for Information Systems at the Kassel University is to develop theories, models and tools, which contribute to the design, implementation and management of IT-supported organizational structures and innovations. The emphasis is on the promotion of innovation, which is socially acceptable, technically stable and economically sustainable.
The actual research activities can be separated into four areas: IT Innovation and Management; Service Engineering and Management; Strategic IT Management, and; Collaboration Engineering.
Contribution to the Open Innovation Project
As leader of the higher education theme, we want to carry out four main activities:
Putting Open Innovation Principles into practice
The objective of this activity is to develop open innovation practices for universities such as ideas competitions and ideas communities. An example of this activity is Co-Create Uni Kassel which was launched as a pilot in May 2012.
Open Innovation (OI) skills/capacity building programme
In this context we want to lecture at least two courses for managers of SMEs and integrate concepts for OI related skills in existing courses.
Virtual incubation support & development science
Considering this activity we want to set-up an internet- based incubator service for students & alumni to provide a better counseling for both of them.
Open innovation challenge platform development activity
This activity deals with an extension of the networking functionalities of the previously mentioned incubator service to enable start-ups to connect to established firms and researchers.
The Chair is involved in these activities:
- Launch Event for Unikat Crowdfunding Platform: 20 February 2014
- Crowdfunding Panel Discussion: 2 December 2013
- Doctorial Workshop on IT, Service, Innovation and Collaboration 30 September-2 October 2013.
- "Machen"; Ideas Workshop: 1-22 August 2013
- Unikat Ideas Challenge 2013: July-October 2013
- 2nd International Doctorial Workshop on IT, Service, Innovation and Collaboration. March 4-6 2013.
- Open Innovation Meets SME: 5 September 2012
- Co-Create Uni Kassel: pilot launch: 21 May 2012
- Unikat '12 Business Plan Competition: May-October 2012
- Doctorial Workshop on IT, Service, Innovation and Collaboration: 13-14 March 2012
- Unikat'11 Idea Competition: July-October 2011,
- Dr Ulrich Bretschneider
- Marco Hartmann
- Philipp Kipp
- Shkodran Zogaj
- Philipp Ebel
For further information
Video introducing Kassel