call us on: 44 (0)131 529 3183
- Category: partners
- Published on Friday, 13 May 2011 18:19
- Written by Super User
'LMT appears to be a key player on Open Innovation and SME's throughout Europe. (Their) projects are expressions of inner dynamic and challenges'.
Dr Denis Remon, MBA, DBA, Ph.D, R&D PRO-Innovation, Quebec, CANADA
In the heart of western France, Laval Mayenne Technopole (LMT) offers know-how and networking opportunities to entrepreneurs, start-ups and innovative SMEs in order to facilitate the birth and the development of innovative businesses.
LMT promotes innovation by supporting the synergy between major local actors: higher education, research labs, technological platforms, companies, financial organisations and consultants.
Contribution to the Open Innovation Project
As an innovation developer, LMT supports and fosters innovative projects on the Mayenne territory and more particularly innovative small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). They have chosen to lead on open innovation and SMEs, in order to maximise their competitiveness thanks to Open Innovation (OI) practices.
They noticed that the major obstacle to the exploitation of under-utilised assets is the current reluctance of companies to innovate in an “open” manner. Informing and training innovative SMEs to the advantages of Open Innovation will encourage them to implement OI practices in their daily life and therefore become more competitive. They aim at increasing European synergies through our partnerships and help our SMEs to access the European market.
They will also bring our innovation expertise to global SMEs connected to the OI project partners from their project management stage to their international development phase. Innovation means improving existing things and creating new things.
They have been involved in the following activities:
- Inov'Dia 2014: 7 October 2014
- Idenergie, 23-29 April 2014
- Laval Virtual: 9-13 April 2014
- Mayam Challenge: 4 December 2014
- Neoshop Laval: opened September 2013
- UCL Launchbox: opened 5 June 2013
- Laval Virtual Networking Days: 19-22 March 2013,
- Valentine Jelly: 14 February 2013
- Open Innovation Course 'De Start-Up À Smart-Up: 13 July 2012
- Food Factory 2012: 4-6 July 2012
- Open Innovation Masterclass, Launched 19 June 2012
- Open Innovation Project Common Booth at Laval Virtual: 28-30 March 2012
- International Networking Event at Laval Virtual: 28 March 2012
- Be Open, a New Way to Innovate: 8 March 2012
- INOV'dia 2011: 8-9 December 2011
- International Networking Day: 7 April 2011
Christian Travier, Director
Valérie Moreau, Responsible for LMT networks
Sandrine Trouillard, Responsible for LMT Creation
Marion Hurbin, Responsible for LMT Communication
Nicolas Chomel, Project Manager
Antoine Thébaud, Project Manager
Marie-Laure Laumaillé, Communication
Céline Loury, Communication
Valérie Vincent, Director assistant
Jennifer Nouveau, Assistant
For further information